Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Mysore masti

I jumped to the idea of visiting Mysore when we planned for our yearly trip to India this time(March,09).Even though I have been to Mysore as a kid before,I wanted to see the city again as a teenager.Therefore my dad agreed to me and he booked the hotel room through on line, from Singapore, as we planned to be there on a 2-day trip.We took the direct train from Madurai to Mysore and it was an overnight journey.The journey was pretty comfortable,and the train had neat and clean seats and toilets! India has developed much in these four years I thought.The hotel in which we booked our room was actually once a palace and now turned to be a hotel,Lalit Mahal.Its being maintained under the Government of India.I was just too exited to stay in a palace! Common, how many of us would have the opportunity! I though that I may have born as a Princess in my last birth and my mom thought that she was born as a queen, which is the reason why we got the chance to stay there! Who knows! We had our breakfast there on the next day morning,the food was served on silver eating utensils! The puri masala I had (which would barely be less than 20 Rupees in an outside restaurent)costs 135 Rupees there! But of course the price that we paid includes for the food being served on silver eating utensils and the ambiance! The dining hall was so big with beautiful Belgium glass paintings on the ceilings.Forget not about my First ever ride on a Chariot! I felt like real princess as I climbed up to sit comfortably! And it seems that the horse has appeared in the Tamil film "Muthu" which Rajnikanth rides upon!(he appears as a zamindar).And for those who plans on a tour to Mysore in future and want to stay at the Lilit Mahal, book your air/train tickets as soon as possible because it is said that the mahal is going to be rented out for a private company as a guest house!,dont miss the chance!

We visited the Mysore Mahal on the same day.I was aw struck by the architecture! Mesmerised by the beauty of the palace inside.It was so huge,in fact the biggest of all I have ever seen.The collection of the the King's and the queen's paintings,illustrations and the sculptures,no words to explain,it is something to be felt!

We also visited a couple of temples,which includes the famous Nandi (bull) temple in which we can spot one of the largest nandi's in the world.It is said to be about 15 feet in height! The serenity of the Chamundeeswari temple also enticed us.Just a two day trip to Mysore left me with an urge of wanting to see more in India! Especially the historic places of the Northern India. Cant wait for a trip! Indeed India is a country with rich culture and heritage! Proud to be a desi!

No comments: